A Friend in New York™ offers
Private tours of New York, focused on your interests and designed for you to see more of the NewYork you want, at your pace and at your convenience.
- Packaged tours of New York City, customized for groups of all kinds, including seniors and students, with transportation, accommodations, catering, admissions and tour escorts.
- Tour planning and receptive services for travel agents, tour operators and group leaders, attentive to the needs of small and large tour groups, schools and colleges, families and businesses, ranging from a licensed step-on guide for a day to complete tour director services arranging for sights and activities from arrival to departure.
- Specialty tours of New York City, created by licensed New York City tour guides who are specialists (usually with advanced degrees) in fields such as architecture, urban history and heritage, art and art history, food and culinary arts, design, fashion and image consulting, literature, communications and theater.
- Private tours of New York City for guests requiring wheelchair accessible vehicles.
- Special value New York sightseeing packages of all types exclusively for our clients.
With a private tour from A Friend in New York™, you will get to experience New York in depth because your tour is an active conversation between you and your guide, not a lecture from predetermined script. With your own guide you can stop and linger almost anywhere, or move along more quickly if your interests pull you in another direction. Your guide knows that his or her reputation depends on your enjoyment of your visit and makes a greater effort on your behalf; and your own courteous and experienced driver knows he is responsible only for your personal safety and comfort.
We invite you to browse our web site and contact us by phone, fax or email us to arrange your unique tour.
A Friend in New York™ will create an excursion tailored to your budget and schedule, guaranteed to be a fun, informative trip with a fresh look at a great American city that is always new. Come with us for a truly memorable trip to our city.
ABOUT OUR TOUR GUIDES
Our guide associates have all passed a comprehensive written exam and have been licensed by the City of New York. Each guide is a specialist in the subject to be explored, has had special training or education in that specialty whether it is horticulture or history, art or architecture, and can provide a personalized insight that is often lacking in general tours. Many of our guide associates are working professionals in their specialties, such as fine arts, design, or the performing arts. They are thoroughly familiar with the tour itineraries, having participated in creating the tours.
Our licensed guide associates are available for tours in Dutch, French, German, Italian or Spanish. With advanced notice, A Friend in New York™ can arrange for licensed tour guides fluent in Chinese (Mandarin), Hungarian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish or Ukrainian.